Friday, January 08, 2010

Cold and Snowy...

Sigh. That's about all that is going on here, at least it waited until everyone that was visiting made it safely back home though, I cannot wait until Spring!

Yesterday around 3PM when it started snowing...

This morning around 8ish... Hopefully I'll be able to get out later...

Pool, the pool was getting about a quarter inch of solid ice on it until I removed the controls from the timer and now just have it running 24/7 to keep anything from freezing...


Cory's new apartment. He moved in a few days ago, of course all he had was a bedroom set, TV and stand, so we took him some dishes, microwave, and other essentials. Jessica's mom provided a table and chairs and Carolyn's sister is going to bring some furniture down from TN once the weather clears up a bit. First time being out on his own, always a milestone in life... :)

Other than that, I guess I need to get over and finish my neighbor's basement now that the holidays are over... Yes, I'm still working on it, although I've not been over there since a week or so before Christmas... At least it is inside, otherwise I wouldn't get back to that until Spring, I don't do cold unless absolutely necessary!

9 comments:

Joshua Goodling said...

Looks like more snow on the driveway than on the grass! :-)

Didn't get hardly any over here in Alpharetta - just enough to barely coat the cars with a little white dusting.

Jackie said...

WOW that does look cold. Thank goodness it waited until we left!!

How are the dogs?? Did you get them that heater for the gargage?? I hope they are ok! They are so darn cute!!!!!

It's been cold here too! Not that I have seen much of the outdoors lately, heck what am I saying? I haven't seen much other than my bed and the back of my eyelids for quite sometime!!! Gotta love being sick! :)

Jackie said...

Oh and CONGRATS TO CORY on the new apartment! That is so great!!!

I'm sure he will be soooo happy to be on his own and making his own rules!!! :)

Matthew said...

lol. Yeah, luckily you guys got out of here before this hit! The dogs are fine, they actually like the snow, they play out in the freezing cold and don't seem to mind at all?!?

Yes, Cory is happy and making his own rules now, no more BS... :)

Petra said...

Wow! I'm glad we didn't get any - it's pretty in the photos though. lol :)

Congrats to Cory! I'm sure it's nice having his own place!! :)

Andrea said...

You're running your pool 24/7? That doesn't seem very responsible environmentally? Don't they sell covers or something?

Yay for Cory getting an apartment! Moving out is pretty much the best.

Matthew said...

It's actually more environmentally friendly to leave it uncovered, it eliminates the need for a ton of chemicals in Spring, and leaving it running 24/7 while it is constantly below freezing saves me from having to replace broken pipes... I don't think anyone has ever mistaken me for a tree hugger though... :)

Tim said...

Snow here too! Yay for Cory!!

Petra said...

lol @ people not mistaking you for a tree hugger! :)