Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Is Here!!

I, for one, am SO glad winter is over you really can't make it up! Of course it will still only be in the mid 60's to 70's for the next few weeks, but warmer weather is right around the corner!! Taylor and Sarah (girl next door) decided they wanted to take tennis lessons, so they had their first lesson today...

Taylor getting the hang of it...

I don't think the guys were too enthused about just watching, I think they thought they would be able to play on the empty courts, and that wasn't the case... 

I asked them if they wanted lessons as well though, they weren't interested... :)  Chance wants to go somewhere where he can ride his dirt bike, Tanner didn't really say what he wanted to do, he does want a mountain bike though, so who knows...  Not too much else going on around here, getting ready to get outside and finish some of the projects that aren't quite done, but I won't be starting any NEW projects, that I can tell you!!  (I hope anyway :)

9 comments:

Petra said...

Cute! Did she enjoy her first lesson?

I don't believe for a second that you aren't going to start any new projects. ;)

I wish it were spring here... Winter just kind of lasts until almost summer here. Hopefully it'll warm up a little though! I want to do more sight seeing before we move and lord knows I'm not doing that in the cold rain! :)

Matthew said...

She LOVED it!

lol! Believe it or not, I'm done with them!! Of course there is that swing set the kids want, and... :)

Petra said...

...and the skate track, and... :)

Matthew said...

lol! Oh yeah, forgot about the skate ramp... Although Tanner hasn't, he asked me last night if I could take him there today, so I suppose I will, he hasn't mentioned actually building one again though... :)

Jackie said...

That is great that Taylor is taking tennis. Looks like fun. Not by the looks on Chance and Tanner's faces, though. :D LOL!!

Are they interested in lessons of any kind. Apparently, the thing around here is guitar lessons... I don't think Rocklin breeds many rock stars, though. :D

Matthew said...

lol. Chance wants to play basketball and I think Tanner wants to play football, they are still 'deciding'... :)

Guitar seems to be popular around here as well judging by the signs, at least lessons do. Ditto on the rock stars from Acworth though... We've got 5 guitars laying around, I did get them an instructional DVD the other day, Chance has practiced with it a few times, we'll see if that keeps up though... :)

Tim said...

Awesome on the tennis lessons. Andrea went to a tennis camp one summer when she was little and had lessons a couple of times.

Nick is still deciding about what he wants to do too... he is doing excellent in piano and said he likes it.

Binks wants to do soccer...

Petra said...

Jarvis loves soccer. Justice is more into football and basketball. Though he didn't play basketball this year, just football. Darby wants to take gymnastics and dance. I figure we'll find something for her after we move. Britt is talking about martial arts now. And we have music too... but we haven't actually paid for lessons... we just self-teach so far. :)

Matthew said...

Yeah, Tanner wants to do football and Chance wants to do basketball, so I guess we'll be signing them up whenever they start. Taylor missed tennis last week because of rain, but she loves it! Yeah, we haven't paid for music lessons yet, but have gotten 'how to' DVD's, just need to get them on a 'schedule' with those... :)