Sunday, March 15, 2009

R.I.P.

So the kids came running into my office earlier in the day, "Dad, Woody died!". I looked over and Chance was holding the lifeless hamster in his hands... I was in the middle of resolving an issue at work and just said, "Okay, well you better go bury it.". So they did...

The burial site...

Not sure if the Scriptures were necessary, but I wasn't in charge of the 'service', so not sure... :)

There lies Woody...

So not really sure exactly how it died, it was the one who had the babies not too long ago and then ate them (with possibly a little help from the male hamster, not sure, I didn't observe any of it)...  Speaking of baby hamsters, Taylor's hamsters have six little babies, still alive too!  Yeah, they all have hamsters, but Tanner only has one.  Of course Chance is down to one now too, but he seems pretty set on getting a replacement for Woody.  Why is a female hamster named Woody you might ask?  Well, Chance thought the male was a female when he got it and named it Elizabeth, then when he figured out it was actually a male, he didn't want to confuse the poor creature by changing it's name, so he then just named the female Woody... :)

Yeah, not too much else going on, it has been rainy and wet all weekend long, but I KNOW Spring is right around the corner, so that is very exciting!  LOT of things to get finished up around here once it's warm!  :)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

You never taught the boy not to carry dead things around?!?

Matthew said...

lol. Some things, it's each to their own, as long as I don't have to do it... :)

Petra said...

Our thoughts are with you during this time of mourning. :)

Ummm... so how many hamsters do you guys have now? I guess the kids learned not to handle Taylor's hamster's babies?? lol.

I remember having funeral services for puppies and like singing Amazing Grace and stuff... wow. :)

Matthew said...

Yeah, funny stuff! I didn't actually go out for the 'service', but Carolyn said Tanner was reading John 3:16... You don't even really need any other entertainment when you have kids... :)

I guess they now have 10 altogether...

Tim said...

Cute on the service... kids have such imagination :). Sorry about Woody leaving this world though :(