Friday, February 20, 2009

Yeah, Whatever...

Yeah, haven't really had anything to say lately, of course I DID have the flu!  Which sucks, I never get sick, but it kicked my ass...  I didn't do much of anything but lay on the couch, luckily no one else got it, yet... 

Other than that, not much going on.  We did get nine new baby hamsters, of course they are all gone now because the mom ate them, at least that's what Chance said happened to them...  Which is just as well I suppose, because nine could quickly turn into 47, then 275, etc...  I guess the kids "handled" them and apparently if the babies smell like "humans", they will get eaten.  I suppose it's just a matter of time though before there are more babies...  :)

No, I STILL haven't taken any pictures this year, I need to get on that!  It is "company" day at the High Museum of Art Atlanta on Sunday:

Website...

So perhaps I'll take some pictures there... :)  Does look pretty interesting, the kids seem fairly excited about it...  It's closed to the public, and there will be all sorts of "fun stuff" to do along with seeing all the exhibits, I'm looking forward to seeing 'The First Emperor:  China's Terracotta Army' myself, so should be a fun day...

Yeah, other than that, just waiting on Spring to FINALLY get here because I am so over being cold you can't make it up!  Soon Matt, soon...

9 comments:

Petra said...

The museum sounds fun!

I totally could have done without the hampster cannibalism story though!!! :-P

I hope no one else gets the flu. We've managed to not have much of that sort if illness this season; hopefully it stays that way.

Matthew said...

lol! I could have done without it myself to be honest... :)

Jackie said...

ahhh... my comment disappeared!!

Anyway... yeah, hamseter story... how sad! Poor little guys!

That is great that the company had a day for you all. That is so NOT normal! :D Did you have a good time???

Matthew said...

I'll let you know on Sunday Jackie, that's when we go... :)

WHO is marci? said...

hampster annibalism lol wow!!

WHO is marci? said...

um - Cannibalism (meant to put a "c" there)

Matthew said...

lol! Seems to be a fairly common thing:

"...when they feel they are under attack, they eat their pups."

The kids attention must have been construed as an "attack"... :)

Tim said...

it does happen, with rat and mouse pups too. Of course I accidentally baked all of our hamsters in the sun, so can't say much.

Petra said...

I'm learning so much... They are called pups??? They can't be in the sun??? Wow... I think I'll stuck with dogs and cats. lol