Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I'm Retiring...

Why is that you might ask?  Well, the conversation went something like this:

Tanner:  "Dad, doesn't 100 x 1,000 = 100,000?"

Me: "Yeah, why?"

Tanner:  "So all I have to do is sell 1,000 things for $100 each and I'll have $100,000?"

Me:  "Yes, I suppose so."

Tanner:  "Well, I'm going to go get started making something to sell then."

Me:  "What are you going to make?"

Tanner:  "I'm still figuring that out."

Me:  "Good luck with that son."

Tanner:  "How hard can it be?"

Me:  "True."

So I suppose I may not retire RIGHT this minute, but you never know... :)  It really is that simple though, happens every day.  That's what I love about kids.  The innocence and the optimism.  Too bad so many people get jaded so early in life, it shouldn't be that way.  I suppose it has a LOT to do with people being told:  "You can't do that."; "That isn't possible."; "That will never work."; etc for most of their lives.  Which is why I always tell my kids, "You can do whatever you want, anything is possible and don't let anyone tell you otherwise."  More people should do that...

Anyway, not much going on here other than life...  I'll just be glad when winter is over, it nearly is, but we are supposed to be getting some of that ice and snow here in the next few days...  Won't be long though and I'll be firing up the pool heater and getting ready for Spring!  Have I mentioned that I LOVE Spring??

No, I still have no photos to post, not sure why I don't take many pictures this time of year, probably because I'm too freaking cold all the time!  :)  Friday is the Valentine's dance at the kids school though, so perhaps I'll take some then.  Who knows, I may even get that new camera for my birthday, which may motivate me to take more photos!  We'll soon see on that one... :)

2 comments:

Tim said...

That's awesome about Tanner. I know what you mean, sometimes the kids don't want to put in the hard work it takes to accomplish things too. They would rather settle for less. It is always good to encourage and to help reach kids reach for things. If they choose to put forth their best effort, they can achieve whatever they set their mind to.

Petra said...

I like how Tanner thinks!! :)

I love spring too - everywhere except here... :-P