Sunday, October 03, 2010

Before And After...

This is the before shot... :)

This is the after shot...

Kids trying to see who can build the biggest fire... :)

So yeah, that's what we have been doing all day. We are going to have a garden next year, a BIG one! Carolyn will can some green beans, and whatever else we grow, so hopefully we will be eating like kings next year! I'll have to build a fence around the area, but we are excited about it! I've already ordered the seed catalogs, the soil is rich, so here's to a good harvest next year after our work... :) Now it's time for bed!!!

5 comments:

Matthew said...

I think Chance won on the biggest fire btw... :)

Petra said...

I'm sure my kids would love to have a contest like that! :)

Having a garden sounds great!! I recommend getting organic heritage seeds (as opposed to genetically modified ones by the evil company Monsanto - lol). I can't wait to get a garden going myself!! I have done research, but no actual work. One day. :)

Petra said...

(not that you asked me for a recommendation - lol - but I gave one anyway. It's how I roll. :))

Matthew said...

lol! I haven't really thought about the seeds yet, I did order a bunch of seed catalogs, but don't recall from where... :)

Tim said...

Awesome! Love the garden!!