Monday, April 06, 2009

Skate Park...

Yeah, that's about the only thing I did this weekend, take the kids to the skate park... Marci brought Canyon over Saturday, the first thing the kids wanted to do was go to the skate park. Of course I told them "in a while"... So off to the creek near our house they went to while away the time. While there, Chance somehow twisted his foot/ankle pretty bad while jumping across the creek. Tanner had to piggy back Chance all the way back home, what a little trooper. That put Chance out of commission, so he settled back with his foot up, and off we went to the skate park...

When we went on Saturday it was pretty crowded, so we got up early Sunday morning and headed back and they pretty much had the place to themselves for a while...  

Taylor wants me to get her a skate board now, so I suppose I will...

Tanner still wants me to build one in the back, I did look into it, looks like it would cost about a grand or so.  I only have about a gazillion other things to finish up first though, so we'll see how that works out... :)

They are in the process of finishing this at the park, Tanner can't wait until they are finished with it!  Of course once it is done, it will make anything I might throw together in the back pale in comparison, perhaps that is for the best though... 

On our way back from the skate park, we stopped at the flea market and we found Chance some crutches for $5, which is great, because I'm not paying $50 for something that will be used for only a few days.  Off to the doctor we go today to see how long Chance will be "out of commission".  Sucks not being able to get around all that well when Spring Break just started, tis life though I guess...

7 comments:

Matthew said...

So the doctor says she can't tell if Chance has a broken foot or not, she has to let the radiologist look at the x-ray... *sigh*

I REALLY need to try and find a more competent doctor for them... In the meantime, I guess we'll know in a few days...

Jackie said...

WOW! what exactly did he do... just jumped over the creek??? That must have been a heck of a jump!

Yeah... doctors. Some are so good, and others are just a dissappointment. Now they have to be so careful as to what they say or do because they are so fearful of lawsuits. It sounds like she doesn't want to say "break" yet until she has the EXACT info. And of couse only the expert can tell you! How annoying. Did she say what she "thought" it was?

What a great brother to carry Chance. That must not have been easy! GO TANNER!!!!

Petra said...

How can she not know if it's broken or not? lol! She sounds brilliant. But yeah - it's SO hard to find a good doctor. I really don't like the family doctor we have here... but what can ya do? Well, find a new one I guess - but what a hassle! Anyway, I hope it heals quickly!!

Skate park looks fun - my kids would like that. Not too much like that around here b/c it rains all the time... lots of 'nature' to see, but not outdoor things like that.

Matthew said...

Yeah, not sure exactly what happened, he jumped and slipped somehow... I think it took pretty much all Tanner had to carry Chance back. Do what you have to though, right? :)

Yeah, doctors... Mine is a quack for sure, but I only go every few years, I DO need to find a new one though. I never have liked the kids doctor either, since Chance was just a few years old! Finding a good one though, wow! I also always forget how much I dislike them until we actually go, which even with the kids is maybe once a year...

Rick said...

Hey matt. yeah i know all about twisted akles. I think that I twisted mine so much when I was a teenager I wouldn't even bother with a doctor. Ice and ace bandage, but I guess those were different times. I hope he gets to feeling better.

Take Care.
Rick

Rick said...

I was going to mention something about that skate park and totally forgot. Ummm... Louisville, built a skate park several years ago. I think they are neat, but I've never actually been to it. I see it from the highway all the time. If your going North on I65 in Lou. you can see it on the right hand side just before the kennedy bridge that crosses over into IN. Its called Louisville Extreme Park. It has a 24' full pipe. you find a picture of it here: 24' Pipe I just thought I would let you know in case you all ever come to Louisville again. See-ya.

Rick

Matthew said...

lol. Yeah, I haven't been to Louisville in over 10 years...