Sunday, October 04, 2009

Hamster Derby...

Yeah, I have nothing important to blog about, so I'll leave you with pictures of the Hamster Derby... At the store my kids insist they need to go to nearly every day! :)

Taylor and Tanner waiting their turn...

Race about to begin, Tanner's hamster went to sleep and went nowhere, Taylor's just sat there, although Taylor's did well in the practice runs, guess he wore himself out in practice... :)

Chance taking his turn, his hamster came in first in the first race, but then got knocked out in the finals...

What a scam these hamsters are, the hamsters themselves are practically free, it's the supplies, cages, balls, food, etc that costs all the $$... If that's what the kids want to spend their allowance on though, so be it... Although I end up buying all the food for all the pets, and half the time the kids con me into buying the rest of it as well... :)

Anyway, the kids had fun, now I have to go see if it has stopped raining so I can finally finish getting the Bobcat running again, which I've been working on all freaking weekend! I HATE being greasy, have I mentioned that?? :)

5 comments:

Petra said...

This whole post made me laugh! :-)
what's worse - mechanic grease or garbage juice? :-)

Matthew said...

Garbage juice, hands down!! :)

Titus said...

Looks like the kids had fun! I'm with you on repairing engines.. ugh.

Tim said...

Cute!

Matthew said...

Yeah, I CAN'T stand it Titus... Necessary at times though I suppose...